The microgrid opportunity around the world continues to grow significantly. One recent report forecasts a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the market of 12% between 2016-2022, while a second projects it to reach $35 billion by 2025 with a stunning 20.7% CAGR.* The reasons for this include the falling costs of solar energy, advances in energy storage, the drive to mitigate climate change, and the cost savings associated with minimizing fossil fuels in remote generation systems. In addition, microgrids will play a central role in bringing electrification to rural and developing regions in which access to reliable, clean and affordable energy is a high priority.
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Refining the business case for off-grid, remote, and island microgrids
- Solar + storage advances
- Project financing and investor perspectives
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and flow battery technologies
- Microgrid power control, management, and integration
- Integrating distributed renewable energy resources into the grid
- Effective project evaluation, implementation, and management
- Regulatory and public policy advances
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities worldwide
- and more
The Call for Speakers is currently open. Click here for details.