Hitachi to Strengthen Energy Solutions Business with the Acquisition of ABB’s Power Grids Business

Offering innovative energy solutions globally by combining ABB’s world-class power grids products, systems, software and service solutions and products with Hitachi’s advanced digital technology. Power electronics giant Hitachi has acquired ABB’s power grids business in an US$11 billion (£8.7 billion) deal which cements its position in the energy solutions sector. Hitachi is to acquire an 80.1% stake in the power grids division and has also entered into a purchase option for the remaining 19.9% share, turning power grids into a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi. Hitachi and ABB have agreed to a deal which values the power grids business at around US$11 billion (£8.7 billion). Hitachi will pay a purchase price

Read more